On Oct. 12, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced a safe and lawful way for qualifying Venezuelans with supporters to travel by air to the United States, temporarily reside in the United States, and apply for work authorization.
To be eligible, Venezuelans must:
- Have a supporter in the United States who will provide financial and other support;
- Pass rigorous biometric and biographic national security and public safety screening and vetting; and
- Complete vaccinations and other public health requirements.
Venezuelans are ineligible if they have:
- Been ordered removed from the United States in the previous five years;
- Crossed without authorization between ports of entry after the date of this announcement;
- Irregularly entered Mexico or Panama after the date of this announcement, or are a permanent resident or dual national of any country other than Venezuela, or currently hold refugee status in any country; or
- Not completed vaccinations and other public health requirements.
*** If you have any questions or want more information, do not hesitate to contact us, an expert EMS consultant will provide you with appropriate advice based on your requirements.